10 pounds at a time!

I Pledged 34lbs by May 5th! Join me in feeding the hungry!

BMI and Weight Loss Ticker

Exercise Minutes

Friday, July 11

The Eowyn Challenge

Aragorn - "What do you fear my lady?"
Éowyn - "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire."
Aragorn - "You are a daughter of Kings! A Shieldmaiden of Rohan! I do not think that will be your fate"




The Eowyn Challenge

I found something interesting today that sounds like fun for all nerd kind. Walking the path of the Tolkien books is not only a great way to get fit and active but also a great goal setter and lots of fun to. Well lots of fun for LOTR nerds anyhow. The web site is helpful in tracking mile stones like from Hobbiton to the Buckleberry Ferry or to Bree!



"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.

And whither then? I cannot say."


I am going to start walking/jogging/running/biking from Hobbiton to Rivendell today. It will be cool to look up my progress on the site and let you all know where I am at on the LOTR map. Anyone care to join me? It's only 458 miles, then we get to meet Elves! (Like this one!!!!)




"Few can foresee whither their road will lead them, till they come to its end."--Legolas



The web site suggests that you give yourself a deadline for how long you are going to take to make the walk, however I don't intend on giving myself a deadline. I will be happy just to make it to the city of the elves and at the mileage I am going at currently it will take almost a year to get there.








Sam: "This is it."

Frodo: "This is what?"

Sam: "If I take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been."

Frodo: "Come on Sam. Remember what Bilbo used to say: 'It's a dangerous business…' [Bilbo's voice] '…Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.'"



And finally an echo of my inner thoughts...




Treebeard: I always like going South; somehow, it feels like going downhill.

Happy Training,
Love Jenn

No comments: