10 pounds at a time!
Wednesday, July 30
I have been reading a lot lately about setting goals to help you stay motivated. One of them suggested that you pick a milestone in your life and work all your short term goals so they lead up to that. Well I didn't do that totally because that would not be me but I did take something from the article (and some things from other articles as well as my fellow bloggers). So here are my goals, starting with the milestone.
Big Milestone Goal
My 30th birthday, January 23, 2010.
I really wanted to make my goal the Nike Womens Marathon for the following reasons that I found via Runners World.
1. Way cool to run with all women in such a beautiful atmosphere.
2. Would really be a good challenge.
3. Hello... Tiffany and Co. Necklace!
However, I don't think I could make it to a marathon that is all the way on the other side of the country, much as I would like to. So my goal is to run the:
Grand Island Trail Marathon
Where: Grand Island, Michigan
When: July 26
Age of Race: Running since 2005
Highlights: Hills, Trail, Rural, Great Foods, Cool Schwag
2. I am a Michiganian and have never been to Grand Island. ( I know... I am so ashamed)
3. The mix of hills and trails will make it technically challenging.
4. It's pretty close to home.
5. I have almost exactly one year to build up to this.
Small Goals Checklist.
1. Run for one whole mile without stopping.
2. Run a 5K in under 45 minutes. (this will be major for me)
3. Run a 10K.
4. Run a half Marathon.
5. Run the Mackinac Bridge.
6. Kayak at the Pictured Rocks.
7. Run the entire rail trail loop here in Bay City.
8. Weigh less than 200 lbs.
9. Sky Dive.
10. Take Tai Kwon Do Lessons.
11. Learn to drive a stick shift vehicle. (never have learned because I am afraid of breaking someone's car)
12. Log 1000 miles of running before the big 3-0.
13. Learn to Ski.
These are not necessarily in order of how I want to complete them except maybe the running ones. Also I reserve the right to add to or change this list if the need arises, but for the moment these are my goals that I want to accomplish on my way to 30. Feel free to leave goal suggestions in my comments (I may or may not take them but I appreciate the thought). I will keep you all update on my progress of course.
Here's to turning 30!