10 pounds at a time!

I Pledged 34lbs by May 5th! Join me in feeding the hungry!

BMI and Weight Loss Ticker

Exercise Minutes

Monday, September 1

A Fresh Restart

I jumped back on the wagon today after working over the weekend to catch it again.



I feel great today! I got up at 8 a.m. and had my grape nuts and soy milk breakfast, vitamins, and lots of water. Then I did the Leslie Sanson 3 miler,




followed immediately by The Firm Lower Body Sculpt. I am beat!



I joined the Chubby Chick's Christmas Weight Loss Challenge last week and at the time my stat's looked like this:

Name: Jenn
Blog Title: FatGirlRunning
Starting Weight: 285 lbs
Pounds I Want to Lose By Christmas: 35
Christmas Goal Weight: 250 lbs.

Well after two weeks of not getting in a workout my stat's turned into this:

Jenn
Gained 5lbs this week (PMS)
40 lbs till my Christmas goal

I really have my work cut out for me. Actually stepping on the scale this morning was a real wake up call. Over six years ago I went through a severe depression. I eventually got up to 335 lbs and was miserable. I hated my life and felt like I was not worth the air I was breathing to live. I realized that I had to make some changes if I really wanted to continue to live, so I packed my belongings into my car and quit my job and moved to the farm.



I took up refuge with my grandmother and helped her take care of my great grandpa until he died. While I was there I started to work at re-evaluating my life and my goals. In that first year that I lived there I turned my life around. I got a job, made some good friends and started to really live again. To my surprise the weight started coming off without effort. I was making better choices without really thinking about it. Slowly I started to incorporate exercise and the weight was just melting. At the end of the year I had lost 100 lbs, was in a size 16 and was loving my life.



I have done a lot of struggling since then and the pounds have crept back on. When I saw 290 on the scale this morning I realized that I was only 45lbs from my heaviest weight. 45lbs from the lowest point in my life. I made a promise to myself that I would never go there again. Now I intend to follow through on my promise.



I have decided to hold off on my running goals for the time being and just stick to work out videos for the winter. For one thing I can sustain activity longer with the workout video's than I can with running. For another I was suffering from shin splints so much that I was spending most of my time in recovery anyways. I think that right now I am just to heavy for such a high impact workout. So next spring I will try running again. Next spring I will be ready!




Then there is my diet. I hate going on a diet! I don't like the word or the act. So I am going to call it going on a livet. I am going to be following the 90/10 rule for one thing. I am also going to try to include a raw food day once a week. I will be working to include more of these over time but for now one will do. On my 10% meal I can have meat and something decadent like ice cream. The rest of the time I am going to try to stick to veg fair. I don't want to be overly concerned about the calories but at the same time I am going to be making sure to stay within my limits. MyFitnessPal will help with that.




Ok folks enough chatter from me today!
Happy Labor Day!

Happy Training,
Love Jenn

5 comments:

Chocolate & Chants said...

Baby steps are the way to go. It is definitely OK to put off running until the spring - it will also feel easier with the weight loss and all. I know you can do it! Just make sure you don't restrict yourself too much.

Laura said...

Great plan! That sounds like a really good way to ease into raw vegan.

Lately my attempts at raw vegan are basically turning into just plain vegan, with some raw fish added in. Still better than the heavy meat diet I used to eat!

Linda said...

I love your story. thanks for sharing that.

We are in about the same place. I love me some meat, so I can't *read won't* give it up. I just need to enjoy in moderation.

bravo on first steps!

new*me said...

I love Leslie Sansone too :) When I do her workouts, I feel like I am hanging out with friends.

Jenn said...

Actually Leslie Sansone annoys the crap out of me. I do her workouts because they are challenging, and I can do them at home.


Jenn